School Programs Explained
The Tutankhamun Roadshow has recently been launched to schools across Newcastle, Central Coast and Sydney and we would love to come to your school.
Semi-trailer History Display
The Tutankhamun Roadshow has taken a full 2 years to build, its conception and planning goes even further back. The Tut Roadshow is a purpose built semi-trailer that contains three mini theatrettes designed to allow your students to be immersed in a full-sensory learning experience about rediscovering Pharaoh Tutankhamun of Ancient Egypt and the Dead Sea Scrolls through the development of modern archaeology.
We have had three short animated documentary movies made in Los Angeles specifically and exclusively for the Roadshow. Filming with actors here in Australia while animation of the story was done using new state of the art technology in Los Angeles, USA. So yes it has taken a lot longer to produce than expected but it is now an incredible experience for your students.
The movies are focused at middle school and senior year History to fulfil the
Australian Curriculum. We have also redesigned an abridged version for primary
school so that everyone from Junior school right through to year 11/12.
What Your Students Will Learn
– Who this young Pharaoh was
– How the Rosetta stone was the key that unlocked the secrets of Hieroglyphs
– The techniques of ancient mummification
– How Archaeology and the people of our past can come alive again… and much more
All the content and teacher’s resources are designed to fulfil the Australian and NSW Curriculum.
Featured Audio Visual Semi-Trailer
This includes an interactive pre-lecture on “Understanding Archaeology”(using 2,000 year old pot shards) before students enter the three theatrettes audio-visual display and a “Stamping the Cartouche” activity.
“History” Day including Audio Visual Semi-Trailer
Due to the demand from schools the Tutankhamun Roadshow has recently developed a new concept for the Tut Roadshow called “The History Day.”
Instead of the students only seeing the Tutankhamun Roadshow Semi-trailer we would love to immerse your students in the ancient past for the WHOLE DAY! Here are the details about the interactive “HISTORY DAY”!
Option 2 Program
The Amazing Tut Roadshow Audio Visual
– as you experienced this year in the semi-trailer.
The Table of Writing
– this includes the origin of Writing starting from picture writing and the beginning of the alphabet, what they wrote upon including papyrus and parchment, lots of illustrations and finally the origin of codex and developing books from scrolls.
Tutankhamun’s Tomb Paintings
– we will erect a FULL SIZE replica of the paintings in Tut’s Tomb. (maybe in your hall) We then show how Ancient Egyptians draw in their tombs using a grid pattern, we also choose two tomb paintings to discuss in depth.
Ancient Seals and the importance of these seals to give personal security in the ancient world.
We give opportunity for students to design/create their own seals with clay and understand the importance of these seals in the ancient world.
Maths in the Ancient Egyptian World
– including the Egyptian Numbering System and measuring with royal cubits as the ancient scribes would have done..
Using the Tut Roadshow App
– here the students download the Tut Roadshow App onto their phones or tablets and scan the pictures to gain information about 30 of the artefacts that they have seen in the semi-trailer display.
Playing the Senate Game (Tutankhamun’s Favourite game)
– we can supply up to 20 Senate game sets as a “Play-off” across the grade in any spare time.
We will supply all the materials needed, for example the Seals Kit, the FULL SIZE Tuts Tomb painting, the Royal Cubits, The Table of Writing Etc. and will need to set up Tuts Tomb in the afternoon on the day before, if that is possible. We will also bring the semi-trailer as usual on the afternoon before.
We would need you to supply 5 teachers who would be willing to become “experts” in one of the four rooms/activities and remain there to teach those activities as the students rotate from room to room throughout the day.
Option 1 Cost of the Semi-trailer coming to you is just $15.00 per student (or $19.00 IN 2020.)
Option 2 The cost for the Tutankhamun Roadshow is $25 per student (or $29 IN 2020) for the full 5 hour day including the Tutankhamun Roadshow Semi-trailer.
BUT YOU CAN STILL GET 2019 PRICES ($15 and $25) FOR 2020 IF YOU BOOK STRAIGHT AWAY!
Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to working with you next year.
I look forward to hearing from you soon so that the dates you require are still available.